IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Windows 7 Users

, Windows not being skinned? Here's why...

Jesh - The Skins...
Administrator
Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Post #1 post Mar 4 2010, 04:26 PM
We had an incredibly smooth launch with Windows 7. There's been one issue that keeps coming up that is incredibly easy to fix...

If your taskbar and windows are not being themed but your icons and wallpaper are, 99.9% of the time you need to do this:

Go to "Control Panel" -> "Appearance and Personalization" -> "Display". Ensure that the "Smaller - 100% (default)" radio button is selected. Then re-apply the theme. You have it probably set to medium. It has to be set to Smaller.

--------------------
Jeff Schader
President & CEO
The Skins Factory, Inc.

The Skins Factory, Inc.
The World's Premier Interface Design Company
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rush
no avatar
Group: Members
Member No.: 2,864

Post #2 post May 31 2010, 01:15 PM
QUOTE (Jesh - The Skins Factory @ Mar 4 2010, 05:26 PM) *
We had an incredibly smooth launch with Windows 7. There's been one issue that keeps coming up that is incredibly easy to fix...

If your taskbar and windows are not being themed but your icons and wallpaper are, 99.9% of the time you need to do this:

Go to "Control Panel" -> "Appearance and Personalization" -> "Display". Ensure that the "Smaller - 100% (default)" radio button is selected. Then re-apply the theme. You have it probably set to medium. It has to be set to Smaller.

Mine still looks not right

+Quote Post
Barbara
no avatar
Group: Members
Member No.: 2,865

Post #3 post May 31 2010, 06:33 PM
I have the same problem. My system was already set to "Smaller". sad.gif

+Quote Post
Jesh - The Skins...
Administrator
Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Post #4 post Jun 1 2010, 01:24 AM
That's because you both are all ready using other customization applications that are theming Windows. What do you expect? Turn them off completely. That black theme has nothing to do with Hyperdesk and is not the default Windows themes therefore it's some other theming app.

I don't want people thinking our software doesn't work because you're using another theme app and its interfering with ours.

And Rush if you need to post an order number, otherwise i'm deleting this thread. Too many people have pirated our work and then come here looking for tech support.

--------------------
Jeff Schader
President & CEO
The Skins Factory, Inc.

The Skins Factory, Inc.
The World's Premier Interface Design Company
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 03:30 AM