IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Font & Button Size

, Is it possibile to reduce the font and button size?

jumpa72
no avatar
Group: Members
Member No.: 1,917

Post #1 post Mar 19 2009, 08:54 PM
Hi,
I've bought DarkMatter Trilogy.
As you can see here:

With each theme I'm experincing this problem: on some app, the font size is too large to fit inside buttons.
I've also noted that the icon space on toolbar has been modified: With theme applied some icon of the toolbar goes out of the visible screen.Also in the systray now I have only hour and day name whereas without theme I also have the date.
I've tried ti reduce the font size in the windows display settings, but apparently it does'n work.

I have non-english version (my OS is in italian). The HyperdeskEngine.exe version is 1.0.2.0 (tabs background patch)

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Jumpa
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jesh - The Skins...
Administrator
Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Post #2 post Mar 20 2009, 06:24 AM
QUOTE (jumpa72 @ Mar 19 2009, 09:54 PM) *
Hi,
I've bought DarkMatter Trilogy.
As you can see here:

With each theme I'm experincing this problem: on some app, the font size is too large to fit inside buttons.
I've also noted that the icon space on toolbar has been modified: With theme applied some icon of the toolbar goes out of the visible screen.Also in the systray now I have only hour and day name whereas without theme I also have the date.
I've tried ti reduce the font size in the windows display settings, but apparently it does'n work.

I have non-english version (my OS is in italian). The HyperdeskEngine.exe version is 1.0.2.0 (tabs background patch)

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Jumpa

Well the ATI app we don't have control over since it doesn't look like we're skinning too much of it. By the way we did most of those icons you see in the ATI app :-)
I'm not really sure what the deal is. I'd like to be able to tell you what to do but this is the first time we've encountered this issue on a non-english version. Did you try the silver version? Does the same thing happen?

--------------------
Jeff Schader
President & CEO
The Skins Factory, Inc.

The Skins Factory, Inc.
The World's Premier Interface Design Company
+Quote Post
jumpa72
no avatar
Member No.: 1,917

Post #3 post Mar 23 2009, 09:49 PM
Hi,
Thank you for your reply.
With the Flagship Theme, the strings fit better in buttons!

Just one question:
as you can see in these images:

the spacing between QuickLaunch toolbar (or any toolbar) is different from theme to theme.
In particular, the spacing increases from standard XP theme, to Flagship Theme (I loose almost an half of visible icons)

Is there any parameter to adjust this spacing(in the windows registry, in some config file, etc.)?

Thank you again!
+Quote Post
Jesh - The Skins...
Administrator

Post #4 post Mar 24 2009, 12:40 AM
Each theme is done differently with different images that's why they don't act the same for spacing. Our themes are designed basically for a thin taskbar which is why sometimes a double bar looks good and sometimes it doesn't. DarkMatter Alloy always looks bad when you do a double taskbar due to the textures for example. Anyway I'll mention this to our themer for the future. This isn't Hyperdesk acting broken though.

--------------------
Jeff Schader
President & CEO
The Skins Factory, Inc.

The Skins Factory, Inc.
+Quote Post
Jesh - The Skins...
Administrator

Post #5 post Mar 24 2009, 02:22 AM
From Kol our themer: The quick launch button space change depending on the buttons. To make the spacing the same as Luna we have to make the buttons the same size.

--------------------
Jeff Schader
President & CEO
The Skins Factory, Inc.

The Skins Factory, Inc.
+Quote Post
mjamil85
Member No.: 1,903

Post #6 post Mar 30 2009, 11:35 AM
Hey Jeff,
I have question about the darkmatter trilogy themes & I need help how to fix it. Have same problem like this one for the button & font. But the different is the text space not enough on button (same problem like above) & some font name change to symbol and number like I give example screen shot below. So, my question are is it have anyway how to fix it the number to symbol? Is it the number problem because the font style?

+Quote Post
Jesh - The Skins...
Administrator

Post #7 post Mar 30 2009, 12:53 PM
QUOTE (mjamil85 @ Mar 30 2009, 12:35 PM) *
Hey Jeff,
I have question about the darkmatter trilogy themes & I need help how to fix it. Have same problem like this one for the button & font. But the different is the text space not enough on button (same problem like above) & some font name change to symbol and number like I give example screen shot below. So, my question are is it have anyway how to fix it the number to symbol? Is it the number problem because the font style?

No that's an issue with installshield and the fact that we're theming XP with button sizes that for some reason affect it. In some themes it ends up that way. Can't fix it.

--------------------
Jeff Schader
President & CEO
The Skins Factory, Inc.

The Skins Factory, Inc.
+Quote Post
mjamil85
Member No.: 1,903

Post #8 post Mar 31 2009, 04:14 AM
QUOTE (Jesh - The Skins Factory @ Mar 30 2009, 08:53 PM) *
No that's an issue with installshield and the fact that we're theming XP with button sizes that for some reason affect it. In some themes it ends up that way. Can't fix it.

Ok, thanks for the help! smile.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th October 2014 - 12:28 AM