2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic

WMP Widget Help

, Playlist Not Populating

bmetelsky
Group: Members
Member No.: 8

Post #1 post Jul 29 2008, 02:01 AM
Title says it all. The playlist function in the WMP widget (Dark Matter Suite) is not working at all. Any suggestions would be great.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jesh - The Skins...
Administrator
Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Post #2 post Jul 29 2008, 02:09 AM
QUOTE (bmetelsky @ Jul 29 2008, 03:01 AM) *
Title says it all. The playlist function in the WMP widget (Dark Matter Suite) is not working at all. Any suggestions would be great.

Roman's going to address this, since it's his department, but i'm using it and its working fine. What happens if you click All Music? Also do you have playlists set up for WMP normally?

--------------------
Jeff Schader
President & CEO
The Skins Factory, Inc.

The Skins Factory, Inc.
The World's Premier Interface Design Company
+Quote Post
bmetelsky

Post #3 post Jul 29 2008, 02:20 AM
I do have a whole folder of playlists. The widget doesn't show any of them.

I'm not sure what you mean by clicking on all music.
+Quote Post
Jesh - The Skins...
Administrator

Post #4 post Jul 29 2008, 02:23 AM
QUOTE (bmetelsky @ Jul 29 2008, 02:20 AM) *
I do have a whole folder of playlists. The widget doesn't show any of them.

I'm not sure what you mean by clicking on all music.

Roman is writing up a reply. It's not a playlist like you think. Remember this is a widget remote not a full-fledged player skin. He'll explain it to you shortly.

--------------------
Jeff Schader
President & CEO
The Skins Factory, Inc.

The Skins Factory, Inc.
+Quote Post
bmetelsky

Post #5 post Jul 29 2008, 02:27 AM
Thanks - I thought I was probably not understanding it fully. I look forward to some enlightenment....
+Quote Post
Roman
Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Post #6 post Jul 29 2008, 02:33 AM
Hello all,

If you're using the windows media player functionality, make sure that it's not set for iTunes in the preferences panel!

The playlist function uses the WMP library to populate its list. So if your music is available in the regular WMP library, you should be able to see it.

If you don't have your music set up in the library, then you'll need to use the Open Media File function (little folder icon) to access your music. Alternatively, you can drag and drop your music or folders into the actual widget and it will index them in the WMP library, so that next time you re-start the widget and it scans the library, you should see your music on the playlist.

Hope this helps.
+Quote Post
bmetelsky

Post #7 post Jul 29 2008, 02:38 AM
I have it set for WMP and WMP shows all of my music and playlists. This widget remote does not show anything in the playlist area. I can open files via explorer and play them one at a time only.
+Quote Post
Roman

Post #8 post Jul 29 2008, 02:49 AM
QUOTE (bmetelsky @ Jul 29 2008, 03:38 AM) *
I have it set for WMP and WMP shows all of my music and playlists. This widget remote does not show anything in the playlist area. I can open files via explorer and play them one at a time only.

This sounds like a library sharing problem. Are you using the widget in Windows XP or Vista? Also, what version of WMP are you using?

Also, you should be able to select more than one file at a time when you use the Open File button.
+Quote Post
bmetelsky

Post #9 post Jul 29 2008, 02:58 AM
I'm using WMP 11. I have Windows XP SP3 . I just tried dragging a few files onto the widget, and they do play. But when I click on the playlist button it just sits there. I usually have to close the widget because it does not respond.
+Quote Post
Roman

Post #10 post Jul 29 2008, 03:43 AM
QUOTE (bmetelsky @ Jul 29 2008, 03:58 AM) *
I'm using WMP 11. I have Windows XP SP3 . I just tried dragging a few files onto the widget, and they do play. But when I click on the playlist button it just sits there. I usually have to close the widget because it does not respond.

If you add new files, they won't show up in the library until you re-start the widget. That's when the media library scan takes place.

But I'm having some trouble figuring out what the problem may be. Perhaps you can post a screenshot of this behavior. Sorry for the inconvenience.
+Quote Post
bmetelsky

Post #11 post Jul 29 2008, 10:46 AM
http://hyperdesk.com/forums/style_images/e.../attach_add.png

Here it is.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  widget.JPG ( 44.08K ) Number of downloads: 72

+Quote Post
Jesh - The Skins...
Administrator

Post #12 post Jul 29 2008, 06:12 PM
QUOTE (bmetelsky @ Jul 29 2008, 10:46 AM) *

I think Roman will be replying to you, but it seems its a problem with Windows Media Player not the widget.

--------------------
Jeff Schader
President & CEO
The Skins Factory, Inc.

The Skins Factory, Inc.
+Quote Post
bmetelsky

Post #13 post Jul 29 2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks - looking forward to Roman's assistance. BTW - I haven't experienced anything with WMP that would point to a problem there...

Additionally, the widget remote from Gamma Ray has the same behavior. Not useable as it doesn't populate the playlist at all.

I tried another WMP remote widget from the yahoo site and it works. What gives??
+Quote Post
Roman

Post #14 post Jul 30 2008, 12:55 AM
QUOTE (bmetelsky @ Jul 29 2008, 09:44 PM) *
Thanks - looking forward to Roman's assistance. BTW - I haven't experienced anything with WMP that would point to a problem there...

Additionally, the widget remote from Gamma Ray has the same behavior. Not useable as it doesn't populate the playlist at all.

I tried another WMP remote widget from the yahoo site and it works. What gives??

That is strange. I'll need you to run the widget in debug mode. If you right click on the Yahoo! Widgets icon in the taskbar while holding CTRL + SHFT you'll see a 'debug mode' option at the bottom of the menu. Select that and re-start the widget. Let me know if you see any errors in the debug display as it loads or as you try to access the playlist functions.

To exit debug mode, right-click on the icon again and deselect it and re-start the widget.
+Quote Post
bmetelsky

Post #15 post Jul 30 2008, 01:06 AM
Here you go. Same with the widget from the other Dark Matter Suite....

Loaded Widget 'DarkMatter: Gamma Ray' from E:\Bill's Documents\My Widgets\DarkMatter_Gamma_Ray.widget
Darkmatter.kon (Included file 'darkmatter.js')
Darkmatter.kon (Included file 'wmp.js')
Darkmatter.kon (Included file 'itunes.js')
Darkmatter.kon (Included file 'tooltips.js')
uncaught exception: Error calling Item(): 80070002
+Quote Post
Roman

Post #16 post Jul 30 2008, 01:53 AM
QUOTE (bmetelsky @ Jul 30 2008, 01:06 AM) *
Here you go. Same with the widget from the other Dark Matter Suite....

Loaded Widget 'DarkMatter: Gamma Ray' from E:\Bill's Documents\My Widgets\DarkMatter_Gamma_Ray.widget
Darkmatter.kon (Included file 'darkmatter.js')
Darkmatter.kon (Included file 'wmp.js')
Darkmatter.kon (Included file 'itunes.js')
Darkmatter.kon (Included file 'tooltips.js')
uncaught exception: Error calling Item(): 80070002

Do you get this after you click on something? Also, what version of Yahoo! Widgets are you using? We recommend that you use version 4.5.1 (current version).
+Quote Post
bmetelsky

Post #17 post Jul 30 2008, 01:57 AM
QUOTE (Roman @ Jul 29 2008, 10:53 PM) *
Do you get this after you click on something? Also, what version of Yahoo! Widgets are you using? We recommend that you use version 4.5.1 (current version).

I get that as it is loading. There are no other errors generated but I think that is because the widget is already stuck at that point. I am using the current version, downloaded directly from yahoo.

Going to bed now - will check back in the morning.
+Quote Post
Roman

Post #18 post Jul 30 2008, 02:06 AM
QUOTE (bmetelsky @ Jul 30 2008, 01:57 AM) *
I get that as it is loading. There are no other errors generated but I think that is because the widget is already stuck at that point. I am using the current version, downloaded directly from yahoo.

Going to bed now - will check back in the morning.

Yes, that will stop the rest of the skin from loading properly. For now, I'm trying to replicate the error on my side. Thanks for the information, hopefully i can have a fix for you tomorrow.
+Quote Post
Bjornsson
no avatar
Member No.: 26

Post #19 post Jul 30 2008, 08:07 AM
Good to see the great support over here!
Now im just waiting for vista version so i can hassle you lot even more biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Mindslinger
no avatar
Member No.: 30

Post #20 post Jul 31 2008, 12:01 AM
I appear to have the same issue.

Windows XP, SP3
Dark Matter: Subspace
Yahoo Widgets 4.5.1
WMP 11
Playlists created.

When I open the WMP/iTunes Remote Widget, I get the warning screen about WMP being the default, every time.
I can play music via the folder icon or by dragging and dropping, and it creates a current playlist. I can use any of the controls, switch over to the settings console, turn on the animation, etc.
But when I open the playlist menu, it's empty. If I click on any of the scroll arrows (up or down) the widget becomes unresponsive. Music will keep playing, but none of the controls will work any more.

If I right-click and change the preferences, they won't save. Even if I safely avoid the playlist and prevent the widget from freezing and properly close the widget down. When I open it again, I get the same splash warning and default options.

When I change the settings over to iTunes Remote, nothing happens. It won't change, I can open the settings and the option will be back to WMP.

When I try the iTunes Remote widget that comes with Yahoo Widgets, it works just fine.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 02:52 AM