Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic

Windows 7

Lee R.
no avatar
Group: Members
Member No.: 1,993

Post #1 post Jun 26 2009, 02:13 PM
I have the Star Trek theme and I'm planning on upgrading from XP to Windows7. Any idea if or when the theme will be available for the new Windows operating system?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jesh - The Skins...
Administrator
Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Post #2 post Jun 26 2009, 06:42 PM
QUOTE (Lee R. @ Jun 26 2009, 02:13 PM) *
I have the Star Trek theme and I'm planning on upgrading from XP to Windows7. Any idea if or when the theme will be available for the new Windows operating system?

Yes we will be migrating themes to Vista and then to Win 7.

--------------------
Jeff Schader
President & CEO
The Skins Factory, Inc.

The Skins Factory, Inc.
The World's Premier Interface Design Company
+Quote Post
Lee R.
no avatar

Post #3 post Jun 26 2009, 06:48 PM
QUOTE (Jesh - The Skins Factory @ Jun 26 2009, 02:42 PM) *

thx smile.gif
+Quote Post
Lee R.
no avatar

Post #4 post Jun 26 2009, 06:53 PM
QUOTE (Jesh - The Skins Factory @ Jun 26 2009, 02:42 PM) *

Another question. Will I need to purchase the theme again or will I be able to upgrade to the new version?
+Quote Post
Jesh - The Skins...
Administrator

Post #5 post Jun 27 2009, 07:02 PM
QUOTE (Lee R. @ Jun 26 2009, 07:53 PM) *
Another question. Will I need to purchase the theme again or will I be able to upgrade to the new version?

You'll be able to purchase it with a discount.

--------------------
Jeff Schader
President & CEO
The Skins Factory, Inc.

The Skins Factory, Inc.
+Quote Post
starwhite
Member No.: 2,403

Post #6 post Dec 1 2009, 10:55 AM
WOW this lonely thread goes all the way back to June! I am and have been running Windows 7 Ultimate for many months to date! Any chance of getting the Star Trek theme for Win 7? I check maybe once a week, Nada. Is it in Beta maybe? I'd LOVE to try it. When?
+Quote Post
Jesh - The Skins...
Administrator

Post #7 post Dec 1 2009, 07:45 PM
QUOTE (starwhite @ Dec 1 2009, 10:55 AM) *
WOW this lonely thread goes all the way back to June! I am and have been running Windows 7 Ultimate for many months to date! Any chance of getting the Star Trek theme for Win 7? I check maybe once a week, Nada. Is it in Beta maybe? I'd LOVE to try it. When?

It's on the list. We're in 7 development as we speak.

--------------------
Jeff Schader
President & CEO
The Skins Factory, Inc.

The Skins Factory, Inc.
+Quote Post
starwhite

Post #8 post Dec 7 2009, 09:52 PM
QUOTE (Jesh - The Skins Factory @ Dec 1 2009, 01:45 PM) *
It's on the list. We're in 7 development as we speak.

You NEED to be more specific. People are losing faith. Many people like myself have been using Windows 7 for months. We have waited and waited for this Star trek theme. At the very least I would think Windows 7 should have priority over legacy operating systems Like XP and Vista. With Christmas coming up and people buying new PCs loaded with Win 7 I would hope you guys get it out by Christmas! You already missed the DVD release of Star Trek 2009. Hey, if you guys want to keep missing important releases fine, its your lost revenue. I would be figuring out why it is taking so long.
+Quote Post
Jesh - The Skins...
Administrator

Post #9 post Dec 7 2009, 10:18 PM
QUOTE (starwhite @ Dec 7 2009, 10:52 PM) *
You NEED to be more specific. People are losing faith. Many people like myself have been using Windows 7 for months. We have waited and waited for this Star trek theme. At the very least I would think Windows 7 should have priority over legacy operating systems Like XP and Vista. With Christmas coming up and people buying new PCs loaded with Win 7 I would hope you guys get it out by Christmas! You already missed the DVD release of Star Trek 2009. Hey, if you guys want to keep missing important releases fine, its your lost revenue. I would be figuring out why it is taking so long.

"people are losing faith"? LOL what people? The 5% marketshare people?

Windows XP still has the marketshare. Our metrics show 74% of the people who come to our site are on XP. Those people buying new PCs for Christmas and Hannukah aren't going to want to theme their PC right away anyway. There's going to want to try out the default UI for awhile. We're working on 7 now but we're not going to rush it out just to have it out.

--------------------
Jeff Schader
President & CEO
The Skins Factory, Inc.

The Skins Factory, Inc.
+Quote Post
Blue-Raja
Member No.: 1,943

Post #10 post Dec 8 2009, 03:06 AM
At least it's nice to see some activity in this thread.....lol

Add me to the waiting list. Quality wins, always...so I'll wait....but hurry...lol

Merry Christmas

--------------------
Hope is not a plan.
+Quote Post
starwhite

Post #11 post Dec 8 2009, 06:32 PM
WOW I've been put in my place! B**** smack me anytime! , shame on me for asking. How absurd of me to expect innovation and support for a new operating system. I apologize. Guess I should switch back to Windows XP, it is after all 10 plus years old, but at least I can use that cool new Star Trek theme now, right? Maybe, just maybe if you offered better support of Windows 7 your metrics would reflect more traffic for this new operating system? GEE ya think so genius? I know of at least 10 people interested in the Star Trek theme, unfortunately its not supported for Windows 7. This thread goes back what? 7 or more months of people patiently asking for Windows 7 support. It took Michealangelo 4 years to paint the Sistine chapel. he was working 20 hours a day, sleeping 4 hours each day. Hopefully we won't wait that long. I doubt the people working on it are putting in the effort Michealangelo did! Just a hunch on my part.

Merry Christmas
+Quote Post
Jesh - The Skins...
Administrator

Post #12 post Dec 9 2009, 02:36 PM
QUOTE (starwhite @ Dec 8 2009, 06:32 PM) *
WOW I've been put in my place! B**** smack me anytime! , shame on me for asking. How absurd of me to expect innovation and support for a new operating system. I apologize. Guess I should switch back to Windows XP, it is after all 10 plus years old, but at least I can use that cool new Star Trek theme now, right? Maybe, just maybe if you offered better support of Windows 7 your metrics would reflect more traffic for this new operating system? GEE ya think so genius? I know of at least 10 people interested in the Star Trek theme, unfortunately its not supported for Windows 7. This thread goes back what? 7 or more months of people patiently asking for Windows 7 support. It took Michealangelo 4 years to paint the Sistine chapel. he was working 20 hours a day, sleeping 4 hours each day. Hopefully we won't wait that long. I doubt the people working on it are putting in the effort Michealangelo did! Just a hunch on my part.

Merry Christmas

A whole "10 people"? Whoah maybe you're right. This thread could go back 10 years and i wouldn't care. 7 just launched and when we're ready we'll launch. I mean I don't want to keep those 10 people waiting too long do i?

--------------------
Jeff Schader
President & CEO
The Skins Factory, Inc.

The Skins Factory, Inc.
+Quote Post
starwhite

Post #13 post Dec 9 2009, 07:43 PM
And I thought you guys did care! Well Since I upgraded from XP to Windows 7 I guess I'll have to figure something out if I wanna use that cool new Star trek theme. Whats left for support? Hmmm, Well Windows Vista is supported, Thank GOD I don't have that, Star Trek or no! I have have a Nintendo but not a PS3! DAMN! I guess I'm out. I'm a sad panda. :*( no Star Trek theme for me. At least not too soon. I won't hold my breath.
+Quote Post
XX2IRIS
no avatar
Member No.: 2,233

Post #14 post Dec 15 2009, 02:02 PM
Well, you can add me to the list of Windows 7 updated Hypertheme support interested Folk. I have quite a few folk interested in the Darkmatter upgrade, as they have been living the Windows 7 uncool life for some time now, so I guess they'd be interested in Hyperdesk looks as well. Still parked off in Windows Vista, coz I can't stand the bland look of the bare OS, so would appreciate an update by say, Christmas... LOL!

Anyways, I don't know if it's my place, but I have a few suggestions.

Generally, I like everything about the DarkMatter releases for Vista, but any good theme could do with a range of wallpapers to choose from. For me, that was the only thing missing from the Vista release. And what would be a extra bonus, is an Login Screen theme as well as maybe a Windows 7 Boot screen, so they entire environment would be skinned.

Nyways, these are suggestions, not requests. I don't believe I'm worthy of requests for such a prestiguous team like SkinFactory. Anyways, thanks for the Themes and keep up the good work!
+Quote Post
8Computing
Member No.: 2,460

Post #15 post Dec 25 2009, 11:09 PM
I'm pretty eager for the release too. But I agree that it's more important to exercise patience and make sure to put out something with quality instead of rushing something out that's crappy or only half as good.

-----------------------
Better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot.
My flash drive: Sony Micro Vault Tiny
+Quote Post
Jesh - The Skins...
Administrator

Post #16 post Dec 26 2009, 01:45 AM
QUOTE (8Computing @ Dec 26 2009, 12:09 AM) *
I'm pretty eager for the release too. But I agree that it's more important to exercise patience and make sure to put out something with quality instead of rushing something out that's crappy or only half as good.

-----------------------
Better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot.
My flash drive: Sony Micro Vault Tiny

Well my concern is how buggy 7 is and how people will assume its our fault for their (Microsoft) bugs.

--------------------
Jeff Schader
President & CEO
The Skins Factory, Inc.

The Skins Factory, Inc.
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 10:37 PM