Reply to this topicStart new topic

Help! No change to icons, windows, or menubar

Barbara
no avatar
Group: Members
Member No.: 2,865

Post #1 post May 31 2010, 06:24 PM
Order Reference Number: 52775288

I just installed the Disney Hypertheme on my Windows 7 Home Premium (64) and the only changes I can see made was to the wallpaper and a couple of icons. The quickstart menubar and windows appear unchanged. I spent the last three hours trying to troubleshoot this. I even tried uninstalling the 64-bit version and trying the 32-bit version and it made no difference. I don't know what else I can do at this point. I am at my wit's end. sad.gif

Please advise.

Here is a screenshot:

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jesh - The Skins...
Administrator
Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Post #2 post Jun 1 2010, 01:19 AM
You obviously have other customization applications running since that's not the default Windows theme. I suggest turning them off and then applying our software. Is that Parallels? If so, i'm not sure how to turn off their theming software. You'll have to ask them.

--------------------
Jeff Schader
President & CEO
The Skins Factory, Inc.

The Skins Factory, Inc.
The World's Premier Interface Design Company
+Quote Post
Barbara
no avatar

Post #3 post Jun 1 2010, 04:37 PM
QUOTE (Jesh - The Skins Factory @ May 31 2010, 06:19 PM) *
You obviously have other customization applications running since that's not the default Windows theme. I suggest turning them off and then applying our software. Is that Parallels? If so, i'm not sure how to turn off their theming software. You'll have to ask them.

Yes That's Parallels. I ran Parallels only to take a snapshot to post on the thread. (I'm not sure how to do a screenshot in Windows using a Mac keyboard.) The Hypertheme installation and troubleshooting were all done on Windows native. Sorry I should have mentioned that up front. If it helps I can try and post a screenshot in Windows native.
+Quote Post
Barbara
no avatar

Post #4 post Jun 1 2010, 05:07 PM
(This post has been updated.)

I just wanted to let you know that after much fretting and pulling of hair, I discovered that Parallels was indeed the problem (not to mention I was having a zillion other problems with it.) I removed Parallels and installed VMware Fusion. OMG what a huge difference. Anyway, here is a snapshop of the Disney Hypertheme successfully running in virtual Windows 7 on Snow Leopard:

+Quote Post
Jesh - The Skins...
Administrator
Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Post #5 post Jun 2 2010, 08:03 PM
I've been running OS X lately. I have a 27" iMac with a secondary display that's 24" to the left of it. I run VMWare Fusion and take it fullscreen on the secondary display and run Hyperdesk there. Love it!

--------------------
Jeff Schader
President & CEO
The Skins Factory, Inc.

The Skins Factory, Inc.
The World's Premier Interface Design Company
+Quote Post
Barbara
no avatar

Post #6 post Jun 7 2010, 11:51 PM
QUOTE (Jesh - The Skins Factory @ Jun 2 2010, 01:03 PM) *
I've been running OS X lately. I have a 27" iMac with a secondary display that's 24" to the left of it. I run VMWare Fusion and take it fullscreen on the secondary display and run Hyperdesk there. Love it!

That's awesome! I really do need to get myself a second monitor. I've been using my 37" TV (not HD) as my second monitor, but the detail is just not there. (Can't read a thing.)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2014 - 12:43 AM