Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Cannot log in at all! Please help.

Switch
no avatar
Group: Members
Member No.: 89

Post #1 post Sep 2 2008, 01:36 PM
I purchased and installed hyperspace dark matter theme on my Toshiba satellite windows XP Media Center Edition Service pack 2. After restarting my pc the second time around I can no longer log in to any user accounts, not even in safe mode! It starts out like it is logging me in and then automaticaly logs me off before start up. I have had this computer for years without any problems. I fear that I have now lost everything. Please Help!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jesh - The Skins...
Administrator
Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Post #2 post Sep 2 2008, 01:41 PM
QUOTE (Switch @ Sep 2 2008, 01:36 PM) *
I purchased and installed hyperspace dark matter theme on my Toshiba satellite windows XP Media Center Edition Service pack 2. After restarting my pc the second time around I can no longer log in to any user accounts, not even in safe mode! It starts out like it is logging me in and then automaticaly logs me off before start up. I have had this computer for years without any problems. I fear that I have now lost everything. Please Help!

First what's your Order Number and last name?

There's nothing in our application that could take down your whole operating system Switch. Just doesn't work that way. I'll have Caleb contact you when he comes online which should be soon. Make sure you send your order number, name and email address to me at jschader (at) theskinsfactory.com

There's nothing in the application that would affect you logging in or logging out. It uses Microsoft's own skinning engine, the icons being changed wouldn't affect logging in or out, the wallpaper manager wouldn't have anything to do with that and the Widget and Windows Media Player skin wouldn't do anything either. What else have you installed since then or just prior to installing our theme?

--------------------
Jeff Schader
President & CEO
The Skins Factory, Inc.

The Skins Factory, Inc.
The World's Premier Interface Design Company
+Quote Post
Switch
no avatar

Post #3 post Sep 2 2008, 01:47 PM
I have sent the information you requested Jesh.
+Quote Post
Jesh - The Skins...
Administrator

Post #4 post Sep 2 2008, 01:51 PM
QUOTE (Switch @ Sep 2 2008, 01:47 PM) *
I have sent the information you requested Jesh.

I got it.

You ordered Subspace about 6 days ago. You haven't installed anything just prior or after that? No other applications? There's no chance you picked up a virus since then?
This has been through professional testing, we've sold a ton of licenses since we launched and while i've seen a few bugs, I have never heard of anyone having this issue which leads me to believe something else is doing this to your machine or Windows got corrupted somehow. I would try reinstalling Windows but not reformatting. So you lose nothing but all the Windows files get refreshed and replaced. To give you an example of how stable our application is:

I was running Windows XP Media Center with Service Pack 2 and Hyperdesk. I downloaded and installed Service Pack 3 (the biggest update you could possibly do to Windows XP) all the time running and using Hyperdesl. I rebooted after installation and nothing was wrong. It was perfect.

--------------------
Jeff Schader
President & CEO
The Skins Factory, Inc.

The Skins Factory, Inc.
+Quote Post
Switch
no avatar

Post #5 post Sep 2 2008, 02:01 PM
QUOTE (Jesh - The Skins Factory @ Sep 2 2008, 09:51 AM) *
I got it.

You ordered Subspace about 6 days ago. You haven't installed anything just prior or after that? No other applications? There's no chance you picked up a virus since then?
This has been through professional testing, we've sold a ton of licenses since we launched and while i've seen a few bugs, I have never heard of anyone having this issue which leads me to believe something else is doing this to your machine or Windows got corrupted somehow. I would try reinstalling Windows but not reformatting. So you lose nothing but all the Windows files get refreshed and replaced. To give you an example of how stable our application is:

I was running Windows XP Media Center with Service Pack 2 and Hyperdesk. I downloaded and installed Service Pack 3 (the biggest update you could possibly do to Windows XP) all the time running and using Hyperdesl. I rebooted after installation and nothing was wrong. It was perfect.

Well thats great that is worked for you but I did not have the same luck. I have not installed anything recently besides this theme. Thats why I came here for help. The one thing I did do was run a registry scan using registry mechanic earlier that day. Could this have had an effect? How can I reboot without loosing everything on the c drive?
+Quote Post
Jesh - The Skins...
Administrator

Post #6 post Sep 2 2008, 02:06 PM
QUOTE (Switch @ Sep 2 2008, 02:01 PM) *
Well thats great that is worked for you but I did not have the same luck. I have not installed anything recently besides this theme. Thats why I came here for help. The one thing I did do was run a registry scan using registry mechanic earlier that day. Could this have had an effect? How can I reboot without loosing everything on the c drive?

It's not that it just worked for me, it's worked for everyone who's used it and hasn't caused the issue you say you're having. That's what I meant. Sure, it's had some bugs, all software does, but it has never not allowed someone to log in.

Anyway, I'm not familiar with Registry Mechanic so I can't tell you if that did something. I also can't tell you if you picked up some nasty malware while you were surfing during the week since your installation. Why after a week after installing it, does the issue now? That doesn't make any sense. You had the theme working previously correct? If not, then I don't think you would have waited a week to tell us it wasn't working.

Caleb, our coder, will be responding shortly.

--------------------
Jeff Schader
President & CEO
The Skins Factory, Inc.

The Skins Factory, Inc.
+Quote Post
Switch
no avatar

Post #7 post Sep 2 2008, 02:12 PM
QUOTE (Jesh - The Skins Factory @ Sep 2 2008, 10:06 AM) *
It's not that it just worked for me, it's worked for everyone who's used it and hasn't caused the issue you say you're having. That's what I meant. Sure, it's had some bugs, all software does, but it has never not allowed someone to log in.

Anyway, I'm not familiar with Registry Mechanic so I can't tell you if that did something. I also can't tell you if you picked up some nasty malware while you were surfing during the week since your installation. Why after a week after installing it, does the issue now? That doesn't make any sense. You had the theme working previously correct? If not, then I don't think you would have waited a week to tell us it wasn't working.

Caleb, our coder, will be responding shortly.

Why do you immediately try to turn the blame somewhere else? I only restarted my computer for the second time yesterday. So it was really my first restart since setting the theme up. It has been working fine before the restart. Why would I need to contact you? I didn't know your support came with a 5 day warranty. Had I known I would be immediatly accused I would have never contacted you.
+Quote Post
Jesh - The Skins...
Administrator

Post #8 post Sep 2 2008, 02:19 PM
QUOTE (Switch @ Sep 2 2008, 03:12 PM) *
Why do you immediately try to turn the blame somewhere else? I only restarted my computer for the second time yesterday. So it was really my first restart since setting the theme up. It has been working fine before the restart. Why would I need to contact you? I didn't know your support came with a 5 day warranty. Had I known I would be immediatly accused I would have never contacted you.

Because you have to restart your computer after the initial installation. After that, the theme enabler is running. So you're going to tell me our software ran fine for a week and when you rebooted a second time it broke your machine? Why did it let you log in when you rebooted the first time? You expect me to believe that somehow our code magically changed on its own?

--------------------
Jeff Schader
President & CEO
The Skins Factory, Inc.

The Skins Factory, Inc.
+Quote Post
Caleb
Group: Administrators
Member No.: 6

Post #9 post Sep 2 2008, 02:23 PM
QUOTE (Switch @ Sep 2 2008, 03:01 PM) *

Switch,

Given you dont have a virus or something that will destroy your data (Hyperdesk will not), You should be able to reboot your machine and use the standard windows proceedures for repairing your windows operating system. IE (Put Win XP CD in CDROM reboot. Boot from CDROM drive. Select Repair. Follow Instructions.
(You may want to read up on what will be replaced on a repair. That way you will have an idea of how much of your data/settings will be modified.)

On a different note:
Modifying a registry setting could potentially create problems. I am not familiar with Registry Mechanic and so do not know the extent to which they modify a registry. Here is an article from Microsoft on an issue similar.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545

Hope this helps.
--Caleb
+Quote Post
Caleb

Post #10 post Sep 2 2008, 02:25 PM
Switch,

Another quick question. Were you having problems with your computer prior to the install of Hyperdesk? Usually I dont play with my registry unless I am experiencing a particular problem.

--Caleb
+Quote Post
Switch
no avatar

Post #11 post Sep 3 2008, 02:13 PM
Hi Caleb,

Nice to hear from someone who actually doesn't mind helping with the problem as opposed to someone who immediately wants be taken out of the equation and blame everything else. d

I have used registry mechanic for years on different computers. Anytime I feel things a running a bit sluggish I run it. So yes things were def not 100 % when I ran it but nothing unusual. Right after I restarted I thought to myself that maybe it was a bad idea to run it. It removes anything suspect from the registry. So as I am not putting the blame on you guys I would strongly suggest to anyone using themes NOT to run registry mechanic. Well anyway I rebooted the whole system and wiped out my c drive. Fresh Start. Can I use the same code to register my theme?

PS Tell your "president" he could learn a lot from you on how to handle people professionally instead of trying to blame the world without trying to help solve the problem. Thanks Caleb
+Quote Post
Caleb

Post #12 post Sep 3 2008, 02:26 PM
Switch,

It should work fine with the same key once you have your machine back up. If you have troubles Mr. President said he would send you a new key.

--Caleb
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st August 2014 - 05:05 AM