Icon resize problem

, desctop res v icon size

GRE66
no avatar
Group: Members
Member No.: 123

Post #1 post Sep 24 2008, 09:52 PM
Hi everyone.

I have my desktop set at 1680 x 1050 this in it self makes the icons fairly small but the hyperdesk icons are smaller or at least thats how they look. I have tried the suggested remedies but when they are larger the other icons look huge and lose their smoothness. Is there a way to enlarge individual icans without a lot of fuss?. It seems a shame to lose the lovely detail in the Hyperdesk icons because they are so small.
PS Just a quick tip for anyone looking to use a Hyperdesk icon for Microsoft Outlook.Create a short cut and change the icon,simple yes but when i looked for the email icon i could only find a .PNG so i used a conversion service i found on the net and converted the .PNG to .ICO and it worked a treat.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jesh - The Skins...
Administrator
Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Post #2 post Sep 24 2008, 10:43 PM
QUOTE (GRE66 @ Sep 24 2008, 10:52 PM) *
Hi everyone.

I have my desktop set at 1680 x 1050 this in it self makes the icons fairly small but the hyperdesk icons are smaller or at least thats how they look. I have tried the suggested remedies but when they are larger the other icons look huge and lose their smoothness. Is there a way to enlarge individual icans without a lot of fuss?. It seems a shame to lose the lovely detail in the Hyperdesk icons because they are so small.
PS Just a quick tip for anyone looking to use a Hyperdesk icon for Microsoft Outlook.Create a short cut and change the icon,simple yes but when i looked for the email icon i could only find a .PNG so i used a conversion service i found on the net and converted the .PNG to .ICO and it worked a treat.

My main desktop is set at 2560 x 1600 so i know about small icons. I don't see the non-Hyperdesk icons out sizing ours. When I make the icon from a file i make sure it fills up the width the best we can so its the biggest it can be. Best to show a screenshot so we can see what's going on. Easier to help that way.

And please next time you need to make an individual ico file just send me an email and i'll send you the icon. The application i use is much better than the online ones. It's called Axialis.

--------------------
Jeff Schader
President & CEO
The Skins Factory, Inc.

The Skins Factory, Inc.
The World's Premier Interface Design Company
+Quote Post
GRE66
no avatar
Group: Members
Member No.: 123

Post #3 post Sep 25 2008, 07:10 AM
QUOTE (Jesh - The Skins Factory @ Sep 24 2008, 11:43 PM) *
My main desktop is set at 2560 x 1600 so i know about small icons. I don't see the non-Hyperdesk icons out sizing ours. When I make the icon from a file i make sure it fills up the width the best we can so its the biggest it can be. Best to show a screenshot so we can see what's going on. Easier to help that way.

And please next time you need to make an individual ico file just send me an email and i'll send you the icon. The application i use is much better than the online ones. It's called Axialis.

Hi,thanks for the reply.Here is a screen shot. I have resized the icons to 40 after trying many other sizes and i think this is about the best but the hyper icons still look smaller and undefined. When i preview the icons the detail is lovely but that seems to get lost when i use them on the desktop.What do you think?Attached File  Desktop.JPG ( 152.66K ) Number of downloads: 33
+Quote Post
Jesh - The Skins...
Administrator
Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Post #4 post Sep 25 2008, 01:21 PM
QUOTE (GRE66 @ Sep 25 2008, 08:10 AM) *
Hi,thanks for the reply.Here is a screen shot. I have resized the icons to 40 after trying many other sizes and i think this is about the best but the hyper icons still look smaller and undefined. When i preview the icons the detail is lovely but that seems to get lost when i use them on the desktop.What do you think?Attached File  Desktop.JPG ( 152.66K ) Number of downloads: 33

Okay first 40 pixels is a bad size. Try 48. It goes by multiples of 16. So 32 - 48 - 64

Reread this: http://hyperdesk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14

It should help.

--------------------
Jeff Schader
President & CEO
The Skins Factory, Inc.

The Skins Factory, Inc.
The World's Premier Interface Design Company
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 10:31 AM