Group: Root Admin
Joined: 25-June 08
From: South Florida
Member No.: 1
Post #1 Jul 6 2008, 09:08 PM
We've compiled a list of some known issues. We apologize for the inconvenience. We will constantly be working on our software and when a new version is ready, your Hyperdesk application will tell you that a new download is available.
1. Truncated Text: It appears that when certain Hyperdesk themes are applied (DarkMatter in particular) and you install a different Hyperdesk Installer, button text on the Hyperdesk's Installer application (InstallShield) becomes truncated. While it is still fairly easy to figure out what a button does, we recognize it can be annoying. If you find you're having this issue, simply Restore Windows XP and then install the application. You can find Restore Windows XP from the Hyperdesk application with a single click of a button.
Start Menu Issues
1. Browser and Email Icons Disappear: We've noticed that if you switch to small icons in the Windows Start Menu and you have an icon set applied, browser and email icons that are there by defualt, magically disappear. We have no idea why that happens... yet.
1. Save As Dialog Box Icons: For some reason we can't seem to change the "Desktop" icon choice when you're in a "Save As" dialog box. My Documents, My Recent Documents, My Computer and My Network Places all get changed. Only the "Desktop" icon stays as a default Windows XP icon.
2. Dark Themes and Text: The Skins Factory produces quite a few hypersuites that employ a dark design. One of disadvantages is that with a black or dark colored Windows Status Bar applied (the bottom part of an Explorer Window), the text that gets shown is all but invisible.
3. Icons are Messed Up After a Windows Explorer Crash: Everyone has Windows crash on them at some point. If it does, most likely your icons will revert back to the Windows default icons. Just reapply the icon set via the Hyperdesk application and all will be fixed.
Microsoft Office 2008
1. Titlebar Button Size Increase: We've noticed that the top right titlebar buttons grow large - Close, Minimize and Maximize grow twice as large as normal. This occurs in Excel and Word and I'm sure the rest of the applications.
President & CEO
The Skins Factory, Inc.
The Skins Factory, Inc.
The World's Premier Interface Design Company
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 7th December 2013 - 02:30 AM|